Kilimanjaro Halisi Retreat is located on a 350 acre organic coffee estate at an altitude of 1400m above sea level. Machare Estate is located between the town of Moshi and Mweka gate, the main descent route for climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. Kilimanjaro Halisi is perfect for acclimatization before climbing Kilimanjaro but is also excellent for those who would like to spend a day or two relaxing in a cool and lush environment on Africa’s highest and most famous mountain. All guests have access to take walks guided or unguided through the estate, where part from the rows upon rows of coffee has a nature reserve of more than 100 acres where you can walk, swim in the rivers and watch the indigenous wildlife. Guided coffee and tea tours can be arranged as well as guided nature walks and village visits. You can immerse yourself in the nature and culture of Mount Kilimanjaro with great comfort and personal service.
At Kilimanjaro Halisi Retreat, like our Halisi Camps, we concentrate on doing the simple things well. Great homemade food prepared by our two chefs, personal and friendly service, comfortable beds for a sound sleep and solar powered hot water and electricity, so you can enjoy constant hot water in the most environmentally friendly manner, together with most stunning environment make Kilimanjaro Halisi the place to stay on Mount Kilimanjaro.
Kilimanjaro Halisi offers
• 7 luxury ensuite rooms for single, double or twin occupancy
• King size beds with deluxe mattress for the best night’s sleep
• Solar heated water and electricity to ensure 24-hour service in the most environmentally friendly manner
• Rooms spread over 3 buildings. Family house available with 3 bedrooms
• Full service small luxury lodge with staff on site to serve 24 hours a day
• Set in lush gardens with views of Kilimanjaro within a 350 acres organic coffee estate
• Homemade food carefully prepared by our chefs
• Nature walks amongst the green and fresh air of Kilimanjaro
• The only option for discerning guests in Kilimanjaro Region